To enter the Russian Federation with tourist purposes foreigners must have valid visas. Russian tourist visa can be issued for not longer than 30 days! When entering with a tourist visa, you could be also asked to present your tourist confirmation, voucher and a return ticket with a fixed date of departure from Russia at the border checkpoint. You must also prove that you have sufficient funds for your trip.
Applications prepared using any other format will not be accepted. After filling the Electronic Visa Application form online, applicants will have to print a double sided copy of their application form, sign and date it, glue (not staple or use adhesive tape) the required size photo to it and submit this printed original form, along with other necessary documentation, to the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Australia personally or by post or a visa agency.
Visa documents are accepted until 12.30 p.m. only.
Our postal address:
Embassy of the Russian Federation
78 Canberra Avenue, Griffith ACT 2603
When mailing your application along with all required documents a self-addressed pre-paid return envelope should be enclosed. Otherwise, your visa will not be processed. To avoid your correspondence being lost in mail, we recommend to use Express Post or Registered Post envelopes. Please note that we forward back only prepaid envelopes with the track number on it. The Consular Section of the Embassy of the Russian Federation will not be responsible for any loss or mishandling of the mail by the Postal Service or any other delivery agent.
To obtain a visa you should submit to the Consular Section:
1. Double sided completed application form http://visa.kdmid.ru, one per person. Application form must be signed and dated.
2. One professional passport sized photo (3,5 x 4.5 cm) The photo should be glued (not stapled or attached using adhesive tape) to the specially marked place of the application form.
3. National passport (original) valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from Russia. At least one page of the passport should be free from notes.
4. Copy of high quality or original standard tourist confirmation ("Podtverzdeniye") and a tour voucher from a hosting Russian travel agency or hotel, registered with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and authorized to invite foreign citizens in the Russian Federation. Confirmation carries a REFERENCE-NUMBER of the hosting company (which confirms that this company is allowed to receive foreign tourists), personal data of each tourist, dates of trip, itinerary in Russia, services as paid. Confirmation and voucher must be signed by authorized person and carry the official seal of the Russian travel company.
5. Copy of itinerary (flight details).
Should the consular section of the Russian Embassy wish to contact you, please state clearly in the application form your contact telephone number (office and after hours).
10 business days processing
2 business days processing
Single Entry Visa (not longer than 30 days)
Double Entry Visa (not longer than 30 days)
N.B. MENTIONED VISA FEES ARE APPLICABLE FOR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS ONLY.
For further information about visa fees for other nationalities you may send an enquiry by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments are to be made by money order or bank cheque written out in the name of the Embassy of the Russian Federation. We don't accept personal cheques and credit cards.
The Consular Section will charge a full payment (subject to the visa type) for re-issuing a visa, if the Consular Section is not responsible for the mistakes in it, otherwise the visa will be re-issued free of charge.
Visa processing fees received from the applicant are not subject for reimbursement in case of subsequent refusal.
Visa processing time starts only after the Consulate received all necessary documents. Please note, that drop-off day is not counted as a working day. If you apply by mail, please enclose a return self-addressed Courier envelope and add one more day for processing. After you receive your visa, please check it for possible mistakes (passport number, date of birth, term of validity etc.) and, if necessary, return it to us for corrections. The Consulate will not be responsible for the mistakes, which were not brought to its attention before your departure from Australia.
ATTENTION! There are additional requirements for non-Australian citizens (permit to study, work in Australia for more than 90 days, resident permit, etc.).
Citizens of the Russian Federation, regardless of any other citizenship they have, must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
Our main priority is to process the visa applications. We are not always able to answer your individual requests by phone. Therefore you may send your enquires to the Consular Section by email: email@example.com or fax (02) 6295 1001.
Please, carefully fill in the visa information in the application form and follow all other requirements when submitting your papers. When applying be advised that the permission to enter the Russian Federation is a courtesy of the State. Consular officer reserves the right to invite the applicant to be interviewed in person.
Visa can be denied if the Consulate has serious reasons to believe that the applicant's visit to the Russian Federation is not desirable, and the disclosure of the reason for the denial can be withheld.
The validity and type of visa should be strictly connected to the purpose of visit. When in Russia, you cannot change your visa status i.e. from tourist to business or from business to guest and vice versa. To do that, you have to leave the country and re-enter on different visa.
All cruise passengers visiting Russia on sea cruise ships may enter and stay there without visa up to 72 hours.
Compulsory conditions are:
· They should have accommodations on board.
· The list of all passengers must be submitted to the local authorities 72 hours prior to arriving to the port of destination.
· Every passenger must have valid identity documents.
· They must be included in the above mentioned list.
· They must travel only with the group according to the pre-arranged program of the shipping company.
All cruise passengers visiting Russia and wanting to undertake their own independent shore excursion should apply for a tourist visa.