Private (Home stay) visa
A private (Home stay) visa is required for visitors invited by their relatives or friends.
Applications prepared using any other format will not be accepted. After filling the Electronic Visa Application form online on the website: http://visa.kdmid.ru, applicants will have to print a double sided copy of their application form, sign and date it, glue (not staple or use adhesive tape) the required size photo to it and submit this printed original form, along with other necessary documentation, to the Visa Centers of the Russian Federation in Australia personally or by post or a visa agency.
Visa documents are accepted until 12.30 p.m. only.
Our postal address:
Interlink Service Australia Pty Ltd
To obtain a visa you should submit to the Visa Center:
1. Double sided completed application form (http://visa.kdmid.ru), one per person. Application form must be signed and dated.
2. One professional passport sized photo (3,5 x 4.5 cm) The photo should be glued (not stapled or attached using adhesive tape) to the specially marked place of the application form.
3. National passport (original) valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from Russia. At least one page of the passport should be free from notes.
4. Original letter of invitation issued by Federal Migration Service Office (FMS) or by Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Every invitation must contain name in full, date of birth, citizenship and passport number of the applicant, name of hosting organization, reason and period of visit. Invitation must be signed by authorized person and carry the official seal. FAX OR SCANNED COPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
4b. The invitation of Main Department on Migration Issues may be in electronic form. In this case THE ORIGINAL IS NOT REQUIRED and a copy can be accepted
5. Copy of itinerary (flight details).
Should the Russian Visa Center wish to contact you, please state clearly in the application form your contact telephone number (office and after hours).
Single Entry Visa is valid for one visit to Russia within the specified dates of arrival and departure.
Double Entry Visa is issued for two entries (all arrival and departure dates must be indicated).Visa processing time starts only after the Consulate received all necessary documents. Please note, that drop-off day is not counted as a working day. If you apply by mail, please enclose a return self-addressed Courier envelope and add one more day for processing. After you receive your visa, please check it for possible mistakes (passport number, date of birth, term of validity etc.) and, if necessary, return it to us for corrections. The Consulate will not be responsible for the mistakes, which were not brought to its attention before your departure from Australia.
ATTENTION! There are additional requirements for non-Australian citizens (permit to study, work in Australia for more than 90 days, resident permit, etc.).
Citizens of the Russian Federation, regardless of any other citizenship they have, must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
Our main priority is to process the visa applications. We are not always able to answer your individual requests by phone. Therefore you may send your enquires to the Russian Visa Centers by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Applications for a Guest Visa concerning close family members of a Russian citizen may be accepted without original FMS Invitation if they travel together and the Russian citizen is registered in Russia as a permanent dweller. Applications for visa must be submitted to the Consular Section by the Russian citizen in person only. The list of the required documents (but except of FMS Invitation) is the following:
1. Personal letter to the Ambassador (please indicate names, IDs, dates of travel, places to visit, your home address in Russia)
2. Russian international and internal passport.
3. Travel documents as proof of travelling together
4. Birth / or Marriage Certificate (with Apostille)
Please note that there is special timing for the visa issue in that exact case - this kind of visa can't be processed earlier that 10 days after the receipt of the application (but it's only 2 business days for an urgent processing if you’ve got a FMS Invitation).
Please, carefully fill in the visa information in the application form and follow all other requirements when submitting your papers. When applying be advised that the permission to enter the Russian Federation is a courtesy of the State. Consular officer reserves the right to invite the applicant to be interviewed in person.
Visa can be denied if the Consulate has serious reasons to believe that the applicant's visit to the Russian Federation is not desirable, and the disclosure of the reason for the denial can be withheld.
The validity and type of visa should be strictly connected to the purpose of visit. When in Russia, you cannot change your visa status i.e. from tourist to business or from business to guest and vice versa. To do that, you have to leave the country and re-enter on different visa.