To enter the Russian Federation for tourist purposes, foreigners must have a valid visa. A Russian tourist visa can be issued for no longer than 30 days! When entering with a tourist visa, you could be also asked to present your tourist confirmation, voucher and a return ticket with a fixed date of departure from Russia at the border checkpoint. You must also prove that you have sufficient funds for your trip.
Applications prepared using any other format will not be accepted. After filling the Electronic Visa Application form online, applicants will have to print a double sided copy of their application form, sign and date it, glue (not staple or use adhesive tape) the required size photo to it and submit this printed original form, along with other necessary documentation, to the Visa Centers of the Russian Federation in Australia personally or by post or a visa agency.
Visa documents are accepted until 12.30 p.m. only.
Our postal address:
Interlink Service Australia Pty Ltd
To obtain a visa you should submit to the Visa Center:
1. Double sided completed application form http://visa.kdmid.ru, one per person. Application form must be signed and dated.
2. One professional passport sized photo (3,5 x 4.5 cm) The photo should be glued (not stapled or attached using adhesive tape) to the specially marked place of the application form.
3. National passport (original) valid for at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from Russia. At least one page of the passport should be free from notes.
4. Copy of high quality or original standard tourist confirmation ("Podtverzdeniye") and a tour voucher from a hosting Russian travel agency or hotel, registered with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and authorized to invite foreign citizens in the Russian Federation. Confirmation carries a REFERENCE-NUMBER of the hosting company (which confirms that this company is allowed to receive foreign tourists), personal data of each tourist, dates of trip, itinerary in Russia, services as paid. Confirmation and voucher must be signed by authorized person and carry the official seal of the Russian travel company.
5. Copy of itinerary (flight details).
Should the Russian Visa Center wish to contact you, please state clearly in the application form your contact telephone number (office and after hours).Visa processing time starts only after the Consulate received all necessary documents. Please note, that drop-off day is not counted as a working day. If you apply by mail, please enclose a return self-addressed Courier envelope and add one more day for processing. After you receive your visa, please check it for possible mistakes (passport number, date of birth, term of validity etc.) and, if necessary, return it to us for corrections. The Consulate will not be responsible for the mistakes, which were not brought to its attention before your departure from Australia.
ATTENTION! There are additional requirements for non-Australian citizens (permit to study, work in Australia for more than 90 days, resident permit, etc.).
Citizens of the Russian Federation, regardless of any other citizenship they have, must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
Our main priority is to process the visa applications. We are not always able to answer your individual requests by phone. Therefore you may send your enquires to the Russian Visa Centers by email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, carefully fill in the visa information in the application form and follow all other requirements when submitting your papers. When applying be advised that the permission to enter the Russian Federation is a courtesy of the State. Consular officer reserves the right to invite the applicant to be interviewed in person.
Visa can be denied if the Consulate has serious reasons to believe that the applicant's visit to the Russian Federation is not desirable, and the disclosure of the reason for the denial can be withheld.
The validity and type of visa should be strictly connected to the purpose of visit. When in Russia, you cannot change your visa status i.e. from tourist to business or from business to guest and vice versa. To do that, you have to leave the country and re-enter on different visa.
All cruise passengers visiting Russia on sea cruise ships may enter and stay there without visa up to 72 hours.
Compulsory conditions are:
· They should have accommodations on board.
· The list of all passengers must be submitted to the local authorities 72 hours prior to arriving to the port of destination.
· Every passenger must have valid identity documents.
· They must be included in the above mentioned list.
· They must travel only with the group according to the pre-arranged program of the shipping company.
All cruise passengers visiting Russia and wanting to undertake their own independent shore excursion should apply for a tourist visa.